Gunite vac in vinyl?

moreira85

Nov 8, 2015
Boston, MA
I havent made the leap to a robot yet. With a vinyl pool i was looking to at least replace the cheap vac head i have with one that has wheels. I had ordered this one Amazon.com : Ocean Blue Flexible Swimming Pool Vacuum Head with Chrome Handle Garden
and when it came in i realized it says "for concrete pools" on it? Doesnt appear to have sharp edges, i just want to be sure it wont suck the liner off the pool. It has plastic wheels.

This was in the question & answer at amazon.com

Can you use this on vinyl pool linings?
Answer: Yes it can and I use it on a vinyl pool, but you have to careful when using it. Because the head is flexible it can get too close to the vinyl and then get sucked down to the vinyl. You have to break the suction by pulling up on the head/pool handle. It is much more effective in cleaning than the ones made for vinyl pools but that comes with an extra degree of caution when using it.
By Greenpoint on May 28, 2014

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.