Stonescapes Mini Pebble- Appreciate some help choosing a color (questions)

Feb 15, 2016
Huntington Beach/CA
Hi! I started out with just a re-tile, but one thing has led to another, and I'm having trouble picking the water color (Stonescapes Mini Pebble) to get a cohesive look. I have only been able to see Tahoe Blue and Tropics Blue, in person. I'm working with Mariah stone and Master Tile GT82323B12 (a medium blue glass mosaic tile w/ some opalescent pieces. I'm using the 1x2s in the same tile for the trim on the steps and spa seat. I don't want the tile to blend into the water color too much, so that you don't notice the pretty tile. Landscaping will be tropical.

• Will the whiter surfaces in the mini (eg Salt and pepper) show stains? I have ducks that vacation in my pool every spring (there's nothing that will get them to stay away)...and they poop in the pool...EW!
  • Does anyone have any pools I can see in person, in the So Cal area?
  • I'd really appreciate all your advice and opinions! I need to make a decision ASAP. Thanks!!
20160106_093110.jpg20151211_000836.jpg

I would go with as light as you can get to show off that pretty tile! WOWER! Let the tile be the focus.

Ewww on the ducks BUT if you properly balance the pool using your own test kit it should not be a problem. I am not sure though.

Kim:cat:

Whatever Stonescape color you go with, I would recommend spending more to add 20-30% of their jewelscape glass to the mix. The 3 color glass mix consisting of small glass bits of dark blue, light blue and clear will give the finish more depth and visual snap. Also pay a little more to have extra abalone shell bits hand cast just before the final troweling of the plaster.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions cowboycasey and kimkats! I had originally picked the tile to go with the old white plaster and thought it looked great with that colour water...but, I have not found many pics at all for the lighter colour surfaces...some of the colors I haven't been able to find a single one.
PB says I shouldn't have a prob with duck poop stains, but ex pool contractor (ex boyfriend) said I would have problems and that I needed to stay away from the lighter colors. Not sure who to believe here... Anyone else care to weigh in??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

New contractor will throw in abalone as part of the cost...as much as I love the glass, Inge been told that would run about an extra $1500.. That's a lot. Still debating on if I should get a more energy efficient pump...several people have said that my pump is way too much for my smaller pool, and that it's costing me a lot nite to run it. But, my current pump is running just fine...Not sure if I want to put out $1200 for new pump...even though if I buy it in the next few weeks, I'll get a new high end pool sweeper for free.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.