joe111

Jun 13, 2012
burlington, Ontario
Good day all.

I finished shocking the pool TFP style. Over night test passed. I had to add CYA using the sock method. Water is clear from up above but once I put the goggles on its cloudy. Could this be from adding the CYA?

FC - 9
CC - 0
PH - 7.8
TA - 130
CH - ?
CYA - 30

Please and thank you

Hi Joe! Glad to hear things are improving, although we're a little concerned about the shocking you did. As you've probably read here before, we "SLAM" until all 3 criteria have passed. Now your CC are great, OCLT passed, so that just leaves "water clear". If it's clear, then you're good. Sometimes a pool will have residual floaties that just need to be filtered-out over the next few days. I doubt it has anything to do with the stabilizer. Have you tried adding any DE to your sand filter? Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

Perhaps this little trick will resolve your issue. If the cloudiness persists or gets worse, then perhaps your SLAM (water clear) was premature. Only you can tell that. In most cases, we say you should clearly be able to see your drain or a coin in the deep end from your deck. If there's any doubt, continue the SLAM. Your call Joe. Have a nice evening.

Thanks Pat! The water is clear and I can see the drain at the bottom. I have been adding DE and I guess I will just have to repeat the process a few more times. This was my first time adding CYA to the pool so I just wanted to confirm.

CH - 100

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.