Wood and block pool update

morrodds

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2009
Leona Valley, CA
Greetings all!

Well, it's been almost 7 years since my build - Wood and Block pool .

The liner is shot due to UV and probably too many chemicals. I had used ladders for entry/exit and was never pleased with them. One broke and they both rubbed the liner - no holes, but not stable. Also my wife's arthritis has gotten worse so a better way is needed for her to access the pool.

Diagonal wooden steps are going to be placed in the corner of the shallow end. The top step will be 12" below the edge of the pool and ~21" deep by 42" wide to give her a large target to step on. The nest 2 steps will be 12" ddep and up to 90" wide.

A pic of the shot liner, notice the rub spots from the abandoned ladder:
liner.jpg

The bottom had been leaking and has algae growing under the liner into the perlite mortar base:
bottom.jpg

Some leakage along an edge shows a similar pattern:
edge.jpg

The plywood, foam and base have stood up very well. The holes for the step/posts have been dug:
corner.jpg

Well, have to get the Redicrete to set the posts tonight. If I'm up to it, I'll install the pressure treated wood tomorrow. I'll post more pix of the progress over the next couple of weeks.

Later, Martin

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.