Howdy from the Atlanta area

Howdy,
My wife and i are about to close on our house. This will be our first with a pool. It is a freeform ~20,000 gallon pool, gunite, about 20 years old and well maintained. I have always loved water, loved pools, and an engineer by trade so I am looking to take care of the pool myself. After way too much time roaming the internet, i finally stumbled across TFP and I like what i see. it makes sense, everyone seems active, and everyone is NOT just trying to sell each other on the newest salt water, ozone, or whatever else the flavor of the month is... Growing up i was always around chlorine pools and it seemed that those that knew what they were doing could have great pools that were low maintenance and that is what this forum seems all about!

I look forward to learning the TFP way and hopefully not screwing things up where i need a lot of assistance.

--BC

I totally agree and that is at the top of the to-do list :) We don't close on the house for another 3 weeks, and i am due to meet the seller sometime soon so he can take me through how he has maintained the pool. I am sure it will be informative, though i plan to be ready to go with a new test kit by the time the house is officially ours.