Hey North East, Anybody Open Yet?? (Southern New Jersey here)

johnnysnok

Feb 25, 2011
South Jersey
Was thinking of opening today (5/14/16) since most of the pollen has stopped and the oak tree curlies have stopped fallen for the most part.

I am just so tired of looking out a seeing the cover and to be able to just see some blue water will make my beer taste better.

There is yet another storm scheduled for this afternoon so today is out, maybe tomorrow will be the day!!

Central PA here, and I opened a few weeks ago. Since we have had 17 days of rain in a row. The water temp is hanging around 69. This time last year we were swimming with water temps in the mid 80's. Probably still a couple weeks out till we think about it.

Upstate NY and we opened this week. It's a brisk 62 degrees and we don't have a heater. This was our first time opening the pool and I was a bit anxious to see the condition of the pool after the cover blew off twice last year.
7444296c0d18ad84deaca00e04d517cf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been open a couple weeks now. No swimming yet.

Opened on Mothers Day. And water is really cold.

Pollen is crazy. Filled the skimmer sock. Forgot until right before bed and went out to pull off. Had at least 1/8" thick in the basket.

Last edited:
Semi-opened May 14th in Staten Island. The cover is still on but all equipment hooked up and test run. It was just too windy and cold on Sunday to take the cover off. I would have had a pool full of tree junk and outside temp was too cold for the heat pump as well. It should warm up later this week so will take cover off and adjust levels by upcoming weekend at the latest. Water temp was 60 degrees.

Open for a few weeks now, but far too cold to get in. Water was 54 degrees on Sunday. Saw a few snowflakes that day too. I'm planning on adding solar this year, but I have to finish the deck project first, and that's taking more time than I anticipated.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.