Want to add Borates

sdunk

May 3, 2016
Southeast, NC
I printed out the info "Borates-How and Why" and decided that I want to try them.

This morning my levels were:

FC 4.5
CC 0
TA 90
CYA 34
pH 7.6

Do I need to do anything to the pH if I am using Boric Acid from DudaDiesel? I have them in and am ready to go.

Thanks!

I printed out the info "Borates-How and Why" and decided that I want to try them.

This morning my levels were:

FC 4.5
CC 0
TA 90
CYA 34
pH 7.6

Do I need to do anything to the pH if I am using Boric Acid from DudaDiesel? I have them in and am ready to go.

Thanks!

Adding boric acid might lower your pH slightly, but in your case with pH at 7.6 I wouldn't worry about it. Personally I much prefer using boric acid instead of borax since you don't have to add acid with it.

A word of warning.......do not dump it directly in the skimmer. One time I decided I would predisolve the boric acid before adding it to the pool. I put boric acid in a 5 gal bucket and added water......the boric acid immediately turned into a big solid rock that took forever to dissolve!

The pool looks great. I just swept after adding the boric acid. I have learned so much here and appreciate all the help. I am excited to think that I won't have to travel to the pool store 40 miles from here to be able to have a beautiful pool. My chlorine levels have come down from my SLAM to 4.5 which is my target FC. Now it is just a matter of figuring out the maintainance. I am adding some pictures here.May 14, 2016 056.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I still have some cleaning to do around the pool. :D

Nice!

Maintenance is easy if you follow the teachings here. If you try to mix "pool store/pool guy" advice with advice here, I can guarantee you'll end up frustrated. ;)

Btw, how do you like your Dolphin S300? I'm considering replacing my Polaris 280 (booster pump driven) cleaner with a robot, but don't know if it's worth it (seems like robots people like are $$$$).

Nice!

Maintenance is easy if you follow the teachings here. If you try to mix "pool store/pool guy" advice with advice here, I can guarantee you'll end up frustrated. ;)

Btw, how do you like your Dolphin S300? I'm considering replacing my Polaris 280 (booster pump driven) cleaner with a robot, but don't know if it's worth it (seems like robots people like are $$$$).

So far I really do like it. It does climb the wall and cleans the water line. You can set it on a schedule if you leave it in the water. It comes with a 2 year warranty and the pool store 40 miles from me is a certified repair place if I did need them. We had a AquaBot that worked for a couple of years but then began having issues and our closest repair place was 3 hours away. The dolphin S300 is far superior to the AquaBot even when it was new. The way that you clean it out, the cart that it comes with, the attachment of the cord, and the electrical box are all better. It is also blue tooth enabled so that if it misses a spot, you can drive it with a smart phone to that part and vacuum it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.