Jandy Legacy Heater Temperature Sensor Replacement (what, how, etc...)

Apr 29, 2013
My Jandy Legacy heater is not working, and the display shows "Fault - Shorted H2O Sensor" and "Water:212o Set:104o". I understand that means that the temperature sensor is bad and needs replacing. It's a salt pool and the manual lists two parts: R0477300 (salt) and R0456500 (regular). I tried to find the the salt part online and several sites said it had been discontinued and replaced by the regular part. Is this true and is there really a difference? Also, can someone point me to instructions or a video on how to test to see if it's really the sensor and how to perform the replacement? I have a multimeter but have no idea where to start! Thanks.

No difference between either of them. Not even sure why they thought back in the day they needed one for salt. No other company ever did that. Just replace with the regular one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.