Stabilizer

Jul 22, 2014
Oakbank, Canada
I am using a granular stabilizer this year for the first time, and from what I been reading around here it is supposed to go into the skimmer. Of course put it into a sock first, and then the skimmer basket.
My questions is: Since going into the skimmer, it goes into the sand filter. Will that not remove some of the stabilizer?

if it is in the sock, no.. you can knead the sock and it will dissolve much faster, once completely dissolved you can test 24 hours later :)

I am using a granular stabilizer this year for the first time, and from what I been reading around here it is supposed to go into the skimmer. Of course put it into a sock first, and then the skimmer basket.
My questions is: Since going into the skimmer, it goes into the sand filter. Will that not remove some of the stabilizer?

No, because it will be dissolved the same as Calcium and Chlorine and Baking Soda. And if some minute particles do slip out and settle on the sand, they're so small they'll dissolve quickly with all the water flowing past. You'll only have a major problem if you pour the stuff in the skimmer and then need to backwash before it's all dissolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.