Cloudy a week after AA treatment

rickmorrison

Silver Supporter
May 7, 2011
Harrisburg, NC
Hello from long time lurker and thanks in advance for the help.

Opened the pool this year with the TFP methods and have been very happy/trouble free until yesterday.

I had a lot of iron staining (well water) so I did an AA treatment last weekend. Very happy with the results and have been slowly bringing the FC levels back. Pool was perfectly clear and looked great.

Thursday night we had about 1.5" of rain. Friday evening the water was hazy. Tested FC and it was down to 1 from 2. Added CL up to 3.

Tested this morning and FC seems to have maintained overnight. Here are full test results from this morning.

PH 7.2
FC 3.0
CC 0.0 (maybe 0.5)
CH 100
TA 50
CYA 40 (was going to raise this today but waiting for advice first)

I added some DE to filter to see if that helps.
Ideas?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP :)

You probably have the beginning of algae... when your FC went to 1 it allowed algae to take hold... My advice..

turn off SWG

Bring your pool to SLAM level of 12, using bleach/liquid chlorine, keep it there by adding and checking fc as much as possible using poolmath above..
once you have passed OCLT let you FC drop down below 10
check all levels and adjust to recommended levels for SWG
add CYA to 80
turn SWG back on

keep FC level above 4 at all times and target for 6 FC

All the links for the SLAM, OCLT and recommended levels are below in my sig

I hope this helps :)

Eekkks. Slamming so soon after an AA treatment could cause the stains to reappear. Be sure to have lots of sequesterant on hand. Did you use the Polyquat 60 algaecide when you started the process? It's not too late to correct this but just be aware and have something for the iron on hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Also is it sunny where you are today? Don't attribute the 2ppm loss to something in the water. It may be, it may be UV rays too. Thats why we do the OCLT at night...

Eekkks. Slamming so soon after an AA treatment could cause the stains to reappear. Be sure to have lots of sequesterant on hand. Did you use the Polyquat 60 algaecide when you started the process? It's not too late to correct this but just be aware and have something for the iron on hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Also is it sunny where you are today? Don't attribute the 2ppm loss to something in the water. It may be, it may be UV rays too. Thats why we do the OCLT at night...
Did not do the algaecide but looks like I should have.
I was a little worried about re-stain so slow on the FC increase this week. Yes just added more sequestratant this morning.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.