Suction vs Robot

Jan 2, 2012
New Jersey
Quick question.

Im having a hard time with my Polaris 280. It wont get to one end and lately been getting tangles up a lot. My pool has a tanning ledge (150 sq ft) and the rest of is approx 600 sq ft. The 280 doesnt like the tanning ledge and stays away from the shallow section on the one side of the ledge.

I borrowed my friends polaris 9300 ( I think that was the number) a few times and it seemed to clean the whole pool.

Anyone have any recommendations before I purchase one or any ideas how to get the 280 to clean the other side?

ALso any recommedations of a robot

Thanks in advance.
Chris

That's so funny as I am the opposite. My dolphin does a great job but I am so tired of taking it in and out and cleaning the bag inside. I want something that stays in the pool and I only take it out when using the pool so I am looking for a good side suction unit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That's so funny as I am the opposite. My dolphin does a great job but I am so tired of taking it in and out and cleaning the bag inside. I want something that stays in the pool and I only take it out when using the pool so I am looking for a good side suction unit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I agree with you about the bag hassles, but basing your experience on you dolphin is like saying a new computer is so much faster than a Pentium 3 from 2000. Newer technology has made robots lighter and much easier to use. My s300, for example, weighs only 16 pounds and has a top-loading basket that rinses clean in about 30 seconds.

Suction cleaners remove debris off the bottom of the pool and that's about it. Most robots on the other hand remove the debris and scrub the surfaces clean including the tile at the waterline.

I love my Hayward navigator. Yes it sucks, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

It depend on your debris load. If you have lots of junk, then emptying a bag is a benefit. If you have a light load and a cartridge filter like I do, it's not a headache for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.