Plumbed fixture. Who makes it?

May 11, 2016
Queen Creek/ AZ
We have had a pool for 9 years now with no problem, until now. I have a plumbed leaf/ debris catcher and it is now leaking air into the system. It is starting to crack around the inlet. Does anyone know who makes this unit or is there a better one on the market? It works great and I really want to keep one in-line. I have uploaded a pic. It is plumbed to the main drain.

Thank you,

Lyn

leaf catcher.jpg

Sorry I do not but it looks like it would have an o-ring in the lid.. if so have you tried lubing it or replacing it, take it to leslie's, they usually have a good variety of O-rings..

:)

Looks to be the original model of the A&A Manufacturing LeafVac (which is the one I have). Here's a link to the newer version: LeafVac | A and A Manufacturing | Pool Cleaning Products

You can find them online for less $$$. Some people don't replace - they cut them out and plumb direct. Many times, the locking mechanism on the lower part can crack (the part visible when the lid is removed). But first, attempt to determine exactly where the air is getting in from. And yes, there is an O-ring under the lid - clean it and both mating surfaces, then lube the O-ring.

I like mine too. All water going to the pump/filter goes through it. My pump basket almost never has anything in it as it's all caught by the LeafVac.

I can't tell from the pic if your PVC is painted or not.... but you might want to consider spray painting the PVC at your equipment pad - our AZ sun is brutal on it.

Looks to be the original model of the A&A Manufacturing LeafVac (which is the one I have). Here's a link to the newer version: LeafVac | A and A Manufacturing | Pool Cleaning Products

You can find then online for less $$$. Some people don't replace - they cut them out and plumb direct. Many times, the locking mechanism on the lower part can crack (the part visible when the lid is removed). But first, attempt to determine exactly where the air is getting in from. And yes, there is an O-ring under the lid - clean it and both mating surfaces, then lube the O-ring.

I like mine too. All water going to the pump/filter goes through it. My pump basket almost never has anything in it as it's all caught by the LeafVac.

I can't tell from the pic if your PVC is painted or not.... but you might want to consider spray painting the PVC at your equipment pad - our AZ sun is brutal on it.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's cracked at the locking area on the bottom unit. Yes, really not wanting to get rid of it. Same reason. almost nothing gets to the pump basket.

Thanks again,

Lyn

It's an absolute shame they don't make a glue in insert to easily fix that issue. My neighbors cracked in that general area too - after 2 years. I think I've just been lucky (knocking on wood as I type this) - going on 17 years now.

The new version looks to be sturdier. I think it has half unions on the inlet/outlet pipes too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.