Okay Diane. You had me convinced until you said the "poofs of green". Every pool owner's worse nightmare. Those green poofs are probably algae. It's very important to make sure there is none of that remaining or you will be right back here again next weekend. Speaking of .... next time you get a chance, please update your signature with your pool info okay? It helps us ... to help you. :) And remember Diane, a SLAM is not your average pool store shock treatment of 1-2 days. It's all about "maintaining" that higher FC until you see no more algae and pass those 3 criteria. That can take several days to even 1-2 weeks for really bad pools I just want to make sure you are past the algae so you can focus on swimming. :swim:

I was slamming for green algae. The brushing was yesterday early morning. Just slight little amounts. I understand the SLAM and have maintained. My pool water was never green until I brushed it up when it started to get bad a few days ago. I brushed this afternoon and got nothing.
I hope I got it this time because I did try the traditional route about two weeks ago with algaecide (no copper)and bumping up the chlorine. Worked for awhile. Ironically I took care of a commercial pool forty plus years ago. Barrels of acid and chlorine and auto feeders!
Trying this new angled method and my hubby thinks I'm crazy. He was also under the impression a SW pool was easier.
Had to be talked into it. I'll get there. I love to titrate and we probably have to secretly order more chems!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh, sorry. Not sure what may have happened. But ... just in case .... make sure you are going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

I ask about your SWG because it can effect how you SLAM and perform the OCLT. You also have a very limited FC/CYA (70-80) window as noted on the Chlorine/CYA Chart (link below in my sig). Not sure if you've really looked at that before, but I wanted to make sure you knew since it effects a lot of things. If you're not sure about all of this, just let us know.

I entered my info again under edit signature and saved it. ?
I did read how to slam and all the SW charts. Followed chart and advice from other member as to target number.
Will have to recheck and balance when the FC gets down. Thanks for your help. I need to get back in the pool, it's my physical therapy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.