Advice Please CYA @ 0 Opening Pool this weekend.

Apr 10, 2010
Hi All,

I been following this board for 6 years since I bought a house with a pool. It has been a joy to open, maintain and close the pool myself over the years and saving $$$ isn't a bad thing :)

I have a 25,000 Gallon in-ground vinyl pool with a Raypac Gas heater, a Hayward Sand Filter, and an inline Hayward chlorinator . I am going to open the pool this weekend here in NY. The pool is green at the moment. I was a a pool store today to get my water tested and here are the results. I was surprised to see 0 for CYA. They advise me to get the CYA up with approx 10lbs of Conditioner. Do I put any shock in to the pool, tabs in the chlorinator first or just filter the water with the conditioner for a period of time? I would really appreciate any feedback to what i should do first and not make a rookie mistake on how to address the CYA being 0.
Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Rob

FAC 0
TAC 0
Hardness 120
Total Alkalinity 90
Cya 0
PH 7.2
TDSolids 100
Phosphates 100

Rob, Rob, Rob .... where's your TFP graduation certificate? :study: You've been with us for 6 years and still go to the pool store?

We can't help with those test numbers. You need your own kit. And you can't clear a green pool overnight or even in one weekend. You'll need to "SLAM" (link below). The pucks might be okay for short-term use, but generally not all season or to conduct a SLAM. Please review the SLAM page and let us know if you have any questions about the process. We'll be glad to help.

we got ya now :) you really need your own test kit, they or you do not know what your levels are.. it's like flying blind on the expressway in rush hour :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.