Problems with new Hayward Sand Filter/Pump

May 13, 2016
Rockledge, FL
Hello, all. I am a very new pool owner, so please forgive my ignorance.

I purchased and installed a Hayward E100 19" sand filter with 1 HP pump yesterday afternoon.
Pretty easy to install and very few problems.
However, there are two leaks at the fittings, one from the fitting on top of the pump, and the other from the fitting on the filter that receives the pump water.
Everything is connected with hoses. The hose from the pump to filter is the new one out of the box. The other two (skimmer to pump, and filter to pool) are the ones that were attached to the other filter/pump that came with the house, and that I got rid of. I have not modified it in any way, and only used what was in the box.

Also, the hoses vibrate pretty badly as well, so much so that the one from the filter to the pool swings a little bit. This did not happen with the other filter/pump. That hose has sprung a tiny spewing leak as well. Kinda concerning.

The pump is the same exact make and model as the previous pump, just brand new and without any rust. The outlet I plug it into is the same as well. The only difference is the new pump, the new filter which is a 19" compared to the 22" Waterway that I used to have, and the one clear hose that goes from pump to filter.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Gday youngone87....welcome to TFP..... you will get a whole host of knowledge here for you to peruse over....
In my humble opinion there may be a difference in pressure with the smaller filter (considerably higher).. im assuming the hoses are clamped to the pump and filter fittings..??
If that is the case you could try some teflon tape/ plumbers tape and wrap it around the fittings that the hoses slip onto.
Im sure someone else will chime in and maybe also give some better advice... a picture of your setup would be great to get a better idea...
Hope you sort it soon

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Thank you for your response! I am definitely learning so much on here already. I used the Teflon tape as directed in the manual. And because of that, I think I was too conservative with it. I think in the morning I'll add some more. I put 2 turns on it when installing.
I'm concerned about the return hoses vibrating so much. It's caused them to start leaking at the pool attachment today :/
I took some pictures on my phone today, but I don't yet know how to upload them onto here from my phone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.