Blue Surf vs Blue Granite

Mar 21, 2016
Spring, Texas
I'm a couple days away from getting the pebble sheen applied. I've selected Blue Surf but I'm wondering if Blue Granite is a better choice? I know this is all about personal preferences. The photos I've seen are so different depending on the angle of the shot, the sunlight, etc. blue surf is newer..so less photos are available. My PB says the blue surf has really taken over in popularity. Any opinions on these choices are welcome. Better yet, any photos taken with these option in full sun would be fantastic!! I'm going for a semi tropical look!

THANK YOU!

I will say for me that Blue granite looks more greyish on the sun shelf while blue surf looks more sandy blue on the shelf. The finish color is blue on the blue surf but the pebbles are more tan so at an angle it looks somewhat tan.

Here are some threads with the colors you want...
I have blue surf with luminous beads added. There are shots of my pool on pages 37, 39, and 51 of my thread here:
Yet another Texas pool build! - Page 37

Marlahoutex also has the same finish as mine but with extra shells added. Her thread is here:
A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

I know there are a couple more with the blue surf without beads on here if you search.

Sunbaby has blue granite on her thread here:
New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Suz also has blue granite on her thread:
Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

I have Blue Granite, and I like it. Blue Surf had just come out when I had to decide on the finish last July. I was tempted to go smurffy, but since there were NO pictures of pools with it anywhere (not even from PebbleTec), I chickened out. I think I would have been happy with it.

My Blue Granite is definitely gray on the sun shelf and top 4-5 steps. I have to say, that doesn't bother me in the least. Again, the Blue Surf might have been prettier. As far as the rest of the pool goes, it surprises me how much green I see in the water. I was trying to avoid any greens. It's hard to say how the same finish will look in different settings. Even though we live in a neighborhood with average to small yards, there are still a lot of trees around us - pine and oaks. So maybe the greenish tints come from the trees. This really was one of the hardest decisions I ever made - so permanent. Ha! Even naming my boys was easier - if I didn't like the names, I could always use a nick name!

If you have used colored waterline tile, go with what will blend nicely with it. I think that makes a big difference. If you used a neutral waterline tile, anything works!

I did decide this - after about 6 months, I realized I spent waayyy too much energy worrying about the finish color!!! One thing for sure..... when I'm in the water, I could care less what color the finish is! For me, it's all about being IN the pool.

Enjoy your pool!!!
Suz

I will say for me that Blue granite looks more greyish on the sun shelf while blue surf looks more sandy blue on the shelf. The finish color is blue on the blue surf but the pebbles are more tan so at an angle it looks somewhat tan.

Here are some threads with the colors you want...
I have blue surf with luminous beads added. There are shots of my pool on pages 37, 39, and 51 of my thread here:
Yet another Texas pool build! - Page 37

Marlahoutex also has the same finish as mine but with extra shells added. Her thread is here:
A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

I know there are a couple more with the blue surf without beads on here if you search.

Sunbaby has blue granite on her thread here:
New Pool Build - Conroe, TX - LOTS of pics! Come say hi Y'all.

Suz also has blue granite on her thread:
Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

UmmGood! Thank you so much! This was exactly what I needed. Just seeing the photos on page 51 of your pool helps me a lot. Of course, I've looked and Sunbaby's Pool--she has a gorgeous pool with lots of great pictures. I've also checked out Suz's build in the past, again a very nice reference. The problem was finding good direct sun pics of the blue surf..all of the pictures I found were with cloudy skies and made me concerned that it was a bit dull. Based on my review, you really can't go wrong with either of these colors. I think I'll stick with the Blue Surf, as I think its a little lighter. Thanks again for all the time you took to point me to some good resources!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.