summer escape pump sfs1599 type c

hello new user here, i am 67 yr old female and do not know butkus about the pump, i did read all of the threads and did get my impellar to turn manually, with power off and using a small screw driver plugged it in got small movement but it stopped again, this pump has only been used 1 season can anyone help please:confused:

Welcome to TFP :)

Ohhh my, that is about the worst "pool pump" I have ever seen... that is really an aquarium pump... it is really just a throw away pump... Here is how to take it off the pool and replace it with another one Summer Escapes Type C 1500 GPH Replacement Pump from SummerBackyard.com | Free Shipping

If you get more than 1 season out of that pump I would be surprised.. here is where you can buy a new pump.. Summer Escapes 2000 GPH Type C Filter Replacement Pump 096-050607 from SummerBackyard.com | Free Shipping

We try to help everyone that comes here and I would not be doing this if I did not recommend a better system that will last longer and do much better but it will take some doing on your part :) but you can do it...

1. skimmer, this skimmer should fit exactly the same hole.. it also comes with a return fitting that can be used.. Amazon.com : Hayward SP1091LX Dyna-Skim Above-Ground Pool Skimmer and Accessory Kit : Swimming Pool Skimmers : Patio, Lawn Garden

you will need new hoeses here Amazon.com : Intex 1.5 Garden
and an adapter to fit the 1.5 inch skimmer Amazon.com : Pool Pump and Filter Universal Hose Adapter : Intex Pool Drain Hose Connector : Patio, Lawn Garden

pump and filter, Intex is a very good but inexpensive pump and filter, it uses almost the same filter as yours just a much better pump.. you have a couple options here

1. another cartridge filter Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2500 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Water Pumps : Patio, Lawn Garden
2. a sand filter Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2100 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden
3 a sand filter with salt water chlorine (it makes chlorine for you with salt water) Amazon.com : Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Garden

On to more help, I hope you don't mind :)

We recommend a great test kit to keep your pool clean, below is a link to test kits, I love my TF100 but you can also get the K-2006, they will help you daily in keeping your pool nice and ready for swimming.

I hope this helps :) please ask more questions if you need something explained..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.