Help.....please

Jul 13, 2012
NC
Ok here goes. I was walking around the pool checking on it level of water while it was filling and lo and behold I triped and hit one of the bottom feet of my pool with steel toe boot. And guess what it busted it right into ( I did not hit it hard just a tap with toe of my boot I don't like this resin stuff had 2 top rails that was shipped busted and did not see until it was all unwrapped that is another story) My ? is can i replace that bottom peice without taking water out of pool? I am on well water and have done strained my pump and well enuff. But will drain if I must. This will be the last pool I ever erect nothing but a headache from the get go. Ordered the pool from Inyo Pools good company! They have the part and not bad price like $10 or so. If anyone who has ever seen this or had this to happen please fill me in on how I can replace with water in pool if possible and what I would have to do. I will try to upload some pics. If this pool would not take a small hit like this how will it last with 3 kids :confused:

Attachments

• pool5.jpg
    pool5.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 164
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 163
  • pool4.jpg
    pool4.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 162
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 160
  • pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 167
that is a structural piece to hold the pool wall, I am not sure you can replace it while it is filled, with that said, the hole is not going to hurt anything other than looks :)

So it not like the pool will fall except it looks like crud. Know of an really strong glue that could hold the boot back in place. I have done ordered the part to replace it out but maybe I can save it and fix at a later time when I may have to drain so of the pool. What really suprised me when it broke the pool never moved and there is almost no pressure on the actual upright itself.... I mean the little bottom peice that is left on the ground it has pressure on it for sure but the actual support it self almost none.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yea thanks a bunch for the reply....

Ok I have decided to drain pool to repair the upright. I intend on draining It down to 6 inches or so of water and hope I can do the repair. Any tips on draining the pool and not hurting the liner in the process. It my luck of one problem becoming many.....lol. may have to completely drain to an inch or less. I have read up some on draining a pool but I have read do it when cold so the liner does not shrink and have read do it it sun any advice on which is best. The pool is not old has had water in little over a week and was 3/4 full I have now drained it down to half that while I wait on the part to repiar the upright to come in. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. And as always God Bless.

Anyone with some advice on draining the pool without hurting the liner. The pool is new and has had water in it for about 2 weeks. Most of what I have read is with old liners shrinking when drained. What is the chances that I will damage this liner to fix the upright?

Leave like 12 inches in the bottom and refill as soon as possible.. You should be Good with a new liner

I am using my phone so please excuse any spelling errors and short response. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.