Question about installing a Coleman Pool on cement

May 12, 2016
San Jose
I ordered a 16' x 48" Coleman Pool at Walmart. I'm really excited but I'm concerned about installing the pool over cement. Cements not really the most comfortable when you're walking around barefoot. I get that the pool comes with a tarp and the pool liner help a bit but I'm sure it's not much. I've done some research and a lot of people recommend buying foam boards to give you a nice, smooth cushion to walk on. You just have to tape the boards together really well or else the pool will shift. I was wondering though, has anyone or would anyone recommend using interlocking foam mats instead? I understand this method is more expensive but I feel like the mats are designed to be on the ground in the first place. They lock in place so no tape would be needed and it would be a lot easier to store the mats than 4 feet by 8 feet boards. What do you guys think?

For my first year I put a 12 foot x 36" pool on a concrete slab. I used a piece of carpet padding (that light green stuff with blue and red foam bits in it) under it, trimming it to the shape. It worked fine. The squares will work also. You may see the pattern of the squares through the liner, but no biggee.

b0faf80fbedc4b6828ee9efc6f55f516.jpg

I did it and no regrets... [emoji2]

You may want to use duct tape to prevent the pool bottom from picking up the seams in the mat.

That looks clean. The more I think about it, I'm probably going with the foam boards over the foam mats. It'll be less expensive and I'm sure I can figure out a way to store the foam boards during the offseason. I do have a question though. Do you also tape the boards together on the bottom as well or just tape them from the top?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That looks clean. The more I think about it, I'm probably going with the foam boards over the foam mats. It'll be less expensive and I'm sure I can figure out a way to store the foam boards during the offseason. I do have a question though. Do you also tape the boards together on the bottom as well or just tape them from the top?
Only on top, but 3 times, one in the center and one each at the sides...

2 inch, but I think is a little overkill... ?

It was what was available at my local HD

Plan according to the thickness of the boards that you should place at the base of the pool legs...

I read in other threads that the pool support legs can rest on the foam boards. Is this how have yours done? If not, what would you recommend the support legs to rest on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.