Kichler hardscape lights or alternative?

Oct 15, 2015
DFW, TX
I assume Kichler is the big player if we're wanting to add some lighting on our retaining/seating walls around the pool decking and fire pit but was wondering if anyone had any experience with some of the other (cheaper) options like VOLT and G-LUX?

I think one of the main differences is the quality of the connector supplied between the fixture wire tail and the main power wire you lay out from the fixtures to the transformer. If you get cheaper fixtures, this connector will not be water tight, and will eventually corrode and fail. For my cheaper fixtures I'm cutting the connector off and using direct bury rated (silicone filed) wire nuts, available at your local sprinkler store. I use the factory connector to lay the lights out and make sure I like there positioning and then go back and cut the wire and splice it back together with the wire nuts after I'm happy with everything.

I got a 72 foot string of solar Christmas tree lights from Amazon for $18. They turn on automatically when it gets dark enough and give great ambient lighting. We got a white light "stick in the ground" style at the bottom of the stairs, but that's about it. The tiki torches are for when we want more light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.