Solar covers??

May 30, 2014
Saint Albans, WV
Not sure if I'm in the right thread, if not, I apologize. I recently purchased an 8mil 21' round solar cover and am trying to figure out the most efficient way to get the best results. Ive read where if you turn your pump off during the day that makes the pool water warmer faster. Does anyone have any better suggestions or successes than this particular way? The cover does not move while my pump/filter are running, which is a problem ive read with other covers. Sorry for the long post. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

PS - i live in west virginia and my pool temp is about 58 right now. Just trying to get it to 68-72 range. Thanks again.

Ive read where if you turn your pump off during the day that makes the pool water warmer faster.
It makes the surface water warmer than the deeper water but without the pump running, but would also lose heat faster so it is more efficient (higher net heat transfer) to have the pump running so that the water gets mixed up and the hottest water is no longer on the pool's surface and less heat is lost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.