Introduction . . .

Welcome! :wave:

Keep posting pictures. If/when you run out of room on TFP.... Posting Photo's Tutorial

If there's no cannonball gate, how about a ramp to lay a slip & slide on? It'd be real easy to plumb an extra tee in during construction to connect a garden hose to keep the slip & slide slippery.

64125.jpg

Welcome! :wave:

Keep posting pictures. If/when you run out of room on TFP.... Posting Photo's Tutorial

If there's no cannonball gate, how about a ramp to lay a slip & slide on? It'd be real easy to plumb an extra tee in during construction to connect a garden hose to keep the slip & slide slippery.

What's a cannon ball gate (pool is only four feet deep)? Is it simply a gate on the upper deck to facilitate jumping in? We are planning to discourage jumping in from the upper deck (is that a pipe dream?).

We are researching slides to put on the pool (lower) deck, and a hose connection will definitely accompany any slide. We had not thought of a ramp for a slip&slide -- thanks!

We are planning to discourage jumping in from the upper deck (is that a pipe dream?).

When my (now) teenage boys were about 5, there was no noise from their bedroom. We snuck-up there to find one hanging on the ceiling fan, the other operating the light switch. Yes - it's a pipedream. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"What's a cannon ball gate (pool is only four feet deep)? Is it simply a gate on the upper deck to facilitate jumping in? We are planning to discourage jumping in from the upper deck (is that a pipe dream?)."

...THAT..was strictly a joke for an above ground pool. I apologize for any confusion.

My husband and I do not own a pool, house, truck, car or motorcycle. Our granddaughter says it's all hers. She's probably right. :mrgreen:

Welcome to TFP

LOVE It! WOW! That back yard was just screaming for the deck and pool! You are going to love it! Your grands are going to love it also! How old are they?

First thing my hubby said was "cannon ball" when he saw the deck and pool placement!

You will find we are a fun, funny, silly, wild idea group. We tend to throw ideas out there to see what sticks. The wilder the better for some (Richard and his slip and slide idea).

Since you are already so far along I think you need to go ahead and do some reading so you will be ready for water. I have this for you:

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

You also need to look into getting your own test kit. Look in my siggy below to find the one we use and love. Yeah the pool store will test it for "free" but is it REALLY free if you walk out of the store with $$ worth of stuff each time?

Look at the link about what chemicals we use and where you can buy them. Target and Walmart! Neat huh?

Kim:cat:

Kimkats, I have been doing much reading on treatment for weeks; that's how I found TFP :) We now have a Taylor K-2006, have found PoolMath, have tested fill-water source, and have bought appropriate chemicals (not from pool store) to start treating: No-More-Muriatic-Acid, Arm&Hammer baking soda, cyanuric acid, etc,

Today we have concrete delivery scheduled; one of our helpers has canceled; we are working to line up another -- nervous morning . . .