Intex saltwater system won't turn on/GFI switch will not reset

Apr 22, 2016
Hutto, TX
I have an Intex Saltwater System that I bought two years ago and went to startup the pool for the first time this year and got absolutely nothing. No lights whatsoever and the GFI switch will not reset. No clicks when pushing rest or reset button. Does anyone know if there is an easy solution for this?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Is it the GFCI on the cord? My husband had to replace the end of the cord last year due to the same problem. He had installed a GFCI outlet for the pump, so he put a regular plug on it. (Was lucky to have married an electrician, lol.)

GFCI's can and do fail.

A simple replacement might be all that you need. Better to change the outlet to a GFCI and change the cord to a standard cord. You will be just as protected.

YOU are capable...Shut off the breaker, pull the current one out, look at where the wires go and replace it with the new one...no problems. It will save you $100 for an electrician. Should only take 5 minutes.

Its one of the most basic home owner skills, just like changing a deadbolt on your front door or un-plugging a toilet with a plunger.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You say there's power to the gfi outlet. Can you plug another device into it, and have it work?
My experience is it's either no power to the gfi, or the switch is defective and needs to be replaced.

egotrip: My saltwater system stopped working (light no longer comes on). I believe my problem must be the on/off switch, which has always seemed shaky (had to wiggle it to make it work). Do you know where I could find this specific switch for replacement. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.