Booster pump noise

Razorhog

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2013
Northeast Arkansas
Just getting the pool opened and testing out things. Turned the booster pump on and it is making a noise that sounds like hissing water. Hard to explain but it's like it's not getting enough water or something. Seems to be adding the needed output at the return but I haven't tried running the Polaris yet. The return doesn't seem to have as much force as it used to. The pool guys opened the pool and put in the return "eyes" (sorry not sure of the technical term), but the one for the booster pump/polaris hookup doesn't look the same and the amount of force/water coming out seems much lower. I think the old adapter had some sort of rubber inside it with a small hole, and this one doesn't. Does that make sense? If that was the case it would account for the difference in pressure, but would it also account for the difference in sound that the booster pump makes?

This is solved. Spider gasket needed to be glued down. I can only assume that is what fixed the problem because the pool guy fixed it. Came home for lunch and the filter/multivalve/booster pump was humming along quieter than it ever has, and the Polaris was doing great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.