Need a new blower for the attached spa, recommendations?

JamesR

Gold Supporter
May 18, 2015
Nazareth/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have a 16 year old Polaris 1-516-03 blower mounted on a 2" pipe for the attached spa to my pool. Motor is going bad and I'd like to replace it. Any recommendations for a comparable one (1.5 HP, 4 amps) that is quieter than this thing?
I may run the piping further from the pool and behind the filter to get the noise level down, but this thing is obnoxious.

Have you ever tried running the spa jets without the blower attached (completely removed an open ended pipe)? Sometimes spa jets will work just fine without it. How far is the blower from the spa?

Mark,
Yes I tried that today. Makes no real difference. With the plumbing diverted to spa only, the 4 jets produce some decent flow and bubbles, but no different than with the blower mounted to the pipe or removed from pipe.
We like the turbulent action given from the blower, but opt not to run it at times because it is so darn loud. Now that the motor is failing, I 'd like to replace it with a quieter version.
The standpipe where it is mounted is approximately 30' from the spa.

Thanks shoeboo. I sent them an e-mail today asking for a plug-n-play replacement for the one I have now that would be spec'd the same. Reviews online for their various silent spa blowers all appear to be good and very quiet.

I replaced my 1.5 hp jandy recently with a new QT model and it was a BUNCH quieter
I would guess half as noisy or less

And really easy to install
I think the QT helped but also the sound insulation in mine was so old it was dust

DSC_7754.jpg
you can see the old one at the top of this picture

Here is new one from web

pol148001-f.jpg

QT Residential Blower

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.