PSI on Hayward 1 HP Pump/Filter

Is it right that the PSI gauge on our Hayward pump is at 0 while running? I've turned the unit on/off and the gauge doesn't move.

I've included some pics of our unit. Thanks!

DSC04009.jpg

DSC04010.jpg

DSC04011.jpg

DSC04012.jpg

DSC04013.jpg

DSC04014.jpg

DSC04015.jpg

ETA:

I was reading the operating instructions on the filter which says to prime the pump but we are unsure of how to do this?

Where can I buy the appropriate sand (0.45mm - 0.55mm for the filter, I have no idea how much sand is in there or what condition it is in. I'm assuming it's the original sand that came with the installation in 2007, how often does that need to be replaced?

Tomorrow I will have to go down and follow these instructions, shame on us for not reading them earlier.....

With the pump and AG pools, gravity from the skimmer to the pump is usually enough to fill the pump basket with water....you can see it thru the clear plastic lid. If it's full with water, the pump is "primed", if you see the water leave the basket and it fills with air then you have a suction side leak, check your connections.

Also you want to make sure the air is not trapped in the filter, so there is a air bleed valve at the top of the filter, you open that and hear air escaping and then a stream of water shoots out (this is with pump running - you WILL get wet. :wink: ) Do you feel water coming out of the return when the pump is on? If all of these things are happening like described then it's probably just the gauge.

Probably still a good idea though to open up the filter and check the inside...make sure there is sand...

I do see water going through the pump basket, no water/air leaks. I will have to check the air bleed valve in the morning, I don't remember seeing that function on there but will doublecheck.

There is water coming out of the return, full force.

So, it sounds to be the gauge, I love the sound of that, how do I fix the gauge? Does it need to be replaced?

:?:

Thanks again for all the knowledge!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.