Running Liquidator with FC levels lower than chart

Have you tried to use lower than chart FC level with your Liquidator

• Total voters

Water_man

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Brookline, MA
In this thread duraleigh described an innovative experiment with the Liquidator. Although his CYA level was 60, he ran his LQ for 8 weeks at pool FC level of 1-2 ppm. The only reason he got an algae bloom was that he wasn't careful to prevent the FC level from dropping further down.
To the best of my memory, no one else has ever tried it.
Although the theory is important and still unknown, the facts and the practical aspects are more important.
The purpose of this poll is to examine if the Liquidator can be safely run with FC levels lower than the FC/CYA chart.
LQ owners: Please respond to this poll.

You are forgetting some other important variables such as bather load and sunlight exposure that will have an impact on the results of this poll. There is much documentation that those that use peristaltic pumps cannot get away with lower FC levels and that the lower levels that seem to work with a SWG have a lot to do with the extremely high concentraton of chlorine that is in the cell and pipes as the water is introduced back into the pool.

I was running mine 1-2 ppm lower for the last 2 months of the year.In the vote I said I got algae but I truly didn't have a full blown bloom, But I was starting to get cloudy water and I think I was headed that way. Ive never had algae when I keep it at chart values. :goodjob:

Obviously we can't control and compare all the variables but at least we have one common denominator: use of a Liquidator. No Cl pumps, no SWG.
Duraleigh did something not "by the book" and the question is: can we do it too.
As far as sunlight intensity is concerned: If duraleigh could have done it in NC, where the sun is at a higher angle than in my area, and if sun light intensity is an important factor, then I can do it too.

98xc600 said:
I was running mine 1-2 ppm lower for the last 2 months of the year.In the vote I said I got algae but I truly didn't have a full blown bloom, But I was starting to get cloudy water and I think I was headed that way. Ive never had algae when I keep it at chart values. :goodjob:

How did you fix the cloudy water issue? Did you check for CC? Did you shock? Or did you simply go back to the chart FC value?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.