Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi everyone, I just gutted our poolroom and started over. Last week we put in:
Aqualink Z4
Pentair intelliflo 2 VST
Purex Trition FNS Plus D.E. filter (existing)
Pentair mastertemp 250 propane heater
Jandy Proseries Truclear SWG
Solar for pool

My pool is an indoor gunite/plaster 13,500 gallons with attached spa and I used the Taylor k2005 kit to take some readings today. They are as follows

70 degrees
FC 3
TC 0
PH 8
TA 40ppm
CH 140ppm
CYA 0

based on my research on this website I believe where I need to be is:

FC 4-6
PH 7.5-7.8
TA 60-80
CH 350-450
CYA 20-30

Does this sound correct? Also I'm hoping to have the pool temp set to 85 in the next couple of weeks if that changes your thoughts. Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you have the SWCG (Jandy Proseries Truclear SWG) your CYA should really be up around 70-80. It would also be good to give a salt level reading too. It looks like it want's around 3,000 ppm from the manual I checked.

Thanks so much! I just got the FAS-DPD today! Should I be keeping my FC closer to the 3 range? I've read because its saltwater it should be a little higher. I want to do the best I can at maintaining my pool.

I haven't added it yet but will be shooting for 20-30 cya based on that chart but it doesn't state an ideal FC level for 20-30 CYA on indoor SWG pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, most pools are outdoor. It says it is for outdoor pools because it is for outdoor pools. Sun has an impact on FC and recommended CYA levels. That is why we recommend for your indoor SWG pool to set CYA at 30 and not 70 or 80. The relationship between chlorine and CYA is chemical in nature and is not affected by indoor vs outdoor factors. My recommendation is to set CYA at 30 because the test works better at 30 than 20 because the that is the lower limit of readability. And use target FC of 4 ppm. You could use 3 if you want. But, you won't be able to tell the difference between 3 and 4 and 4 will give you a nice cushion to help prevent any issues.

My pool is an indoor gunite/plaster 13,500 gallons with attached spa and I used the Taylor k2005 kit to take some readings today. They are as follows

70 degrees
FC 3
TC 0
PH 8
TA 40ppm
CH 140ppm
CYA 0

based on my research on this website I believe where I need to be is:

FC 3-4
PH 7.5-7.8
TA 60-80
CH 350-450
CYA 20-30
/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your help! I used pool math to determine that i need to add:
8.8oz muriatic acid (31.45%)
51oz Baking soda
335oz calcium chloride
93oz liquid stabilizer

my question is how do I add all these chemicals? Can I do them in the same day or should i spread it out over the week? Also is there an order in in which they should be added? Thanks!

The recommended pool chemicals article in pool school explains how to add all chemicals. If you leave about 30 minutes between each chemical addition you should be fine. The order depends on what you want to change. You can put the cya in a sock and get it dissolving and then immediately start adjusting other parameters. Like maybe a little muriatic acid to lower the pH and a little baking soda to raise the TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.