water behind the liner

Apr 19, 2009
My liner is bulging in corners and I noticed that one of the corners the liner has came loose from the side and I can see water behind it. I would like to know how to get rid of the water. I have a small sump pump and I thought about trying to use it. But I am afraid to pull the liner any futher away from the side to put the pump down in it. Any advice?

The water is ground water behind your pool. You almost surely have your pool in a low wet area and/or just received a lot of rain. Short of installing wellpoints, you simply have to wait for the groundwater to subside.

Since you have a vinyl liner my recommendation would be to lift a section of the liner out of it's track right where you have the water behind the liner. Place your hose behind the liner and either use a sump pump or use your vac hose and run your pool pump with the multi-port to waste. Once you have most of the water removed, place the liner back in it's track and then use your pool brush to displace the remaining water. I found this to be the best success during Hurricane Ike last year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.