liquid chlorine vs swg and skin irritation

NO really quick answer since the CSI will also be dependent on temperature of your water. Jason's Pool calculator wll help you determine the correct levels once you get the TA down.
With your high CH I would suggest shooting for 70 ppm or even 60 ppm if you get the SWG and using pH as the easlily changeable parameter depending on the temp. As long as your CSI does not go much above about .3 your should be fine. If you want to get rid of the scale on your walls you can try keeping the pH fairly low (around 7.0) for about a week or three but I would bypass the solar while you did that. Not sure if extended low pH would hurt the panels but why take the chance. (No guarantees that this will work, however.)

I finally broke down and made a couple pvc jets like dman2b (thanks for the info). the TA is finally down to 80 (from 200 initially) and the ph was probably 7.3 so I called it close enough and added the 20 mule team today. that was quite a bit of work with 16 boxes and 4+ gallons of acid, plus brushing. but anyway just wanted to give an update and say thanks again for the help. I'm looking forward to the results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.