Dig Day is Exciting! New build in Taylor Lake Village, TX (Houston)

Jan 24, 2016
Houston/TX
I thought I would share out build as I have learned so much reading this forum in the last few months and have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the build threads. You all have certainly given me some great ideas and have helped me spend extra money during the wait!

We signed our contract in February and after what seemed like the longest wait they finally dug yesterday. I really thought dig day would be boring but boy was I wrong. The worked yesterday from 8A to 8P and now we have a huge hole in our backyard. Finally!

I'm hoping that y'all can help with a lighting question. I will post the rendering and the construction plan for reference as I think we need an extra light but am unsure of where that should be. Our plan calls for only one but we really think that we need one more. I don't want to regret not adding one, especially given the minimal cost after everything else we have spent. The pool is geometric, 30 x 16 with an 8 x 5 sun shelf with two bubblers. The plan calls for the light to shine on the house and we are fine with that given that the majoring of the seating faces the side of the pool (putting it on the side facing away from the house would still have it shining on the side of our faces). I would consider lighted bubblers but understand those are pricey? Does anyone have any thoughts on where the second light should go?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

What about adding lights to the bench by the house, opposite of where your other light is? They would shine up not really into the pool, but it would give you some more light.

I'm sure someone will be along shortly with better ideas on this. Welcome to TFP!

I would NOT have the light shining at the house as it is also shining at the bench there.

I WOULD have a light on the tanning ledge and another on that same side so they shine towards the water fall and plants.

I would think about up-lighting for the water fall to highlight it.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.