3 way valve for waterfall

Nov 11, 2013
Pocasset, Oklahoma
Hello- I am looking to potentially have a rock waterfall built onto my existing pool. Currently I have a 2 way valve ( I think) returning water to pool through the return jets and the 2 bubblers. The valve can be adjusted to raise, lower, or turn off the bubblers to my liking. Can that valve be changed out to a 3 way valve to provide water to the waterfall? The pump is year old 2 hp Pentair whisper-flo. I've been told that is enough hp to do so. I understand that the ideal set up would be separate pump for the waterfall, but would prefer to use what I have to keep cost down and limited pumping station area. Thank you for all your input

nothing wrong with adding/changing to a 3 way valve if both have water going to them the amount of water will be split and therefore less water will go to each :)

I think there may be confusion here. A 3-way valve has 3 ports, on the return side plumbing, it has one inlet and 2 outlets. From your description, I think this is what you already have with one side to the pool and the other side to the bubblers. (Although I could be misunderstanding).

A picture of your setup could help us make suggestions

I am trying to upload a picture but it keeps saying its too large, even when I shrink it. I will keep working on it. But I think you understand correctly. There is one line that supplies water from the filter, then 2 lines that are controlled by the valve in place to return the water to the pool. Can a different valve replace the existing one to supply water to the return jets, bubblers, and/or waterfall

I can not see anything in that thumbnail :lol:

That is what I would do ... add a 3-way on the waterfall side that splits to the waterfall or bubblers. So you have one valve to turn to isolate to back to just the normal returns.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.