Aquarite swg question!

bhuels

Feb 11, 2013
Ok so last year I replaced my swg and had troubles all last season getting my chlorine up in my pool even though I had a larger cell then I needed for my size pool, Hayward actually gave me the tcell 15 because of the issue I was having with no chlorine, so last year I had my pool running 12 hours a day and turned almost all the way up on the swg, and that barely kept it at the proper level, this year it's been the complete opposite, my fc is high and has been for two weeks now, I have the swg set on 40% and the pump running 8 hours a day and still my fc is above 10, is it possible the weather( which has been much cooler than Normal for this time of year and lack of sun) has caused this issue?? Just kind of confused on how we went from one season not generating enough to now generating to much??

you are all over it, the sun/UV will "eat" your FC level and with colder water it is also not letting anything grow.. The opposite happens when you have hot weather/water and the sun beating down on your pool...

start out with less run time and less percentage on your SWG then as it heats up and more sun extend your run time and raise your SWG level.. :)

For a day or so shut your SWG off and let your fc drift down to your CYA level then start it back up and see what 20% does

Easy to answer in three words. chlorine, chlorine, chlorine. Last summer you had organics that you didn't get rid of (so they consumed all your chlorine) and this year you didn't have them so you are able to keep chlorine in the pool.

Testing and know what the results means is Paramount to what we teach. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School......that'll get you started.

Ok thanks, we struggled so much last year, we had the liner replaced and swg, had several issues with the company who installed the liner, it was a nightmare and I think we just never got the pool chemistry right, because we fault it all year, this year it seems we might have started out on the right foot and just need to dial it in now that everything is working properly. Because with our old swg before this new one we have, we could run the pump for 4 hours a day and never had any issue with Chlorine, so I rather have a problem with to much than not enough lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.