bwpt95

May 8, 2016
Oregon, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, our Splash SuperPool is 10 years old. We noticed two years ago a small leak by one of the outlet ports. It became a bigger leak last year and we noted the port hold in the liner itself was gaping beyond the gaskets. We replaced the gaskets and put sealant around it. This spring when we removed the winter cover, the entire outlet assembly pulled away from the outside pool wall, revealing a lateral 2" tear coming from the outlet hole. We tried patching it, but the area is hardened and wrinkled and won't hold a patch.
I'm afraid we're going to have to drain the entire pool, disassemble it, lay the liner down flat, and patch it with some type of flat weight on both sides. However, with the material seeming to be hardened, I'm not confident it will hold. Any suggestions?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but sounds to me like you need a new liner.

If you were to drain it and try to fix it, likely it would shrink some and tear or crack when you try to refill it.

I don't have any good advice but I thought I'd tell you something I read here the other day, since I just looked to see what a super pool was. My 1st thought was the same as jbizzle, you need a new liner, BUT now I'm unsure if you can even replace a liner in that type of pool since it is essentially a very heavy duty & surely very expensive version of the intex ultra frames. The only replacement parts I saw on the site was steel & plastic which didn't include a liner.

BUT I have seen where a couple of intex owners have used overlap liners for replacements. I know a repair would be the simplest & most cost effective solution but if it's not feasible this may be your only option.

Also I don't know if this would help anything at this point but as you said the area has hardened & wrinkled maybe try to get & keep it as wet as possible for a few hours then maybe it might soften up enough for a repair?

Like I said I really have no clue, my only experience is with intex pools though I'm getting ready to install a traditional AGP, but I hope you find a solution!

You either need a new pool or try and drop an above ground liner in it like others have done. You got 10 years out of it. Congratulations.

Update: we had quite the saga with this pool. We ended up cutting out the hardened areas and patching as big an area as we could. My husband made some.crestve use out of heavy duty magnets and vices while the glue dried. That got us through the 2016 season.
Then in 2017 the patch wasn't looking too hot so we re-did the entire thing. We propped up the outlet hose both years so the weight of the hose wasn't pulling on the patch. Started to leak throughout the 2017 season.
In 2018 the other outlet started to leak. Patch. More magnets to hold the original patch. Some re-draining and re-glueing throughout the season.
In 2019 we sent the liner to Arkansas to be fixed. This took months. When we finally got it back, it was too late in the season to put up the pool. So that was a swimming season lost.
In 2020 we put up the "fixed" liner. I was less than impressed with their patch job. Sure enough, we were still working on getting the water balanced when it sprung a leak. This patch wasn't going to hold. Spent the rest of the summer arguing with Splash about it. In the fall they sent us a new liner at a greatly discounted price.
We'll see what spring 2021 brings! Hope it's a good swimming year after two seasons with no pool!

I’m kind of amazed you got more use out of it! Very glad it didn’t fail while anyone was in it. 😱

We are all hoping for a great swimming year in 2021! Be sure to post some pics of your newly installed liner!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.