Circu Pool SI 60 Low salt

Jun 24, 2015
langhorne/pa
First time post. Let me say, i've already left the pool store, and started using my TF-100 test kit. I'm learning alot since I found this site late las summer, but I'm afraid there's still more to learn. Last year was expensive, trying to fix a pool that wouldn't keep it's FC (bags and bags of shock). Through this site, I learned to remove some water, test for excessive cya, and slam the pool. Now I'm opening the pool, and decided to go with a circu pool SI-60. I've been maintaining a FC of 20ppm for several days, and was able to get my CC down to below 1. This allowed the pool to clear up to the point I felt confident adding the salt to the pool. I tested for Sodium Chloride, and found 800 ppm already existed. I added 480 lbs. of pool salt, and 24 hours later tested again. The sodium chloride level now appears to be at 4000 ppm. I admit I may be performing the test wrong, since the SI-60 is reporting 2300ppm.

My latest test results are:
FC = 8
CC < 1
Sodium Chloride 4000
CYA = 80
TA = 70
PH = 7.2

Any recomendations ?

Thanks,
Ernie

Welcome to TFP :) Love that test kit..

Ok, SWG are kind of finicky, what temp is the pool at now? That has a lot to do with how it reads salt. :)

Are you measuring with strips? I have found them to be quite inaccurate compared to the drop test. Others have had better success than me, but I can do the two tests side by side and get two different results. In the end, it is what the SWG wants that counts.

I'm using the drop test I got with the tf-100. I tend to agree with your assessment. I'm adding 80lb of salt today.
With my initial reading of 800ppm, I was able to determine I would need an additional ~640lb to achieve 3500ppm. As suggested on this site, I only added 3/4 or 480lb and decided to test again.

Thanks Cowboycasey..Me too
The current temp is at 60 via the thermometer and the unit.

SO at 60 degrees it is not going to be happy about temp and may not work until you hit about 65 degrees.. they like the water a little warmer before turned on..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.