Metal Frame pool on pavers?

May 10, 2016
Omaha, NE
We don't have any available space in our yard. But we would love to put a small metal frame pool up for our son. We have a 12' x 12' patio made of cement pavers. The pavers are standard brick sized and laid out in a 90 degree herringbone pattern.

My question is...can we install a pool (10') on this? The pool would only be up for about 3 months or so during the summer. My biggest concerns are - will the pool cause our patio to sink? And if not, what can we put underneath the pool to protect it and make it softer for our son?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP :)

A 12 foot round pool 4 feet deep is about 34 thousand pounds, but the weight is spread out over the 12 feet, so about 2800 pounds per square foot.. with that said I am not sure if it would do any damage or sink your deck, it depends on how it was put in and the underground portion...

You can put 3/4 inch polystyrene foam from lowes under it, it makes a great bottom :)

I wouldn't worry about pavers. Like CowboyCasey said, the weight spreads itself out. I personally wouldn't worry about it. A word of warning...once you put this up you will wish you bought the largest one you can fit in your yard. I had a real small pool. Then after a few years bought a bigger one and then after a few more years bought the largest Intex pool I could. Just some advise from someone that did that and been there.
Have fun

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.