enclosing ig pool for yr round usage (requested pic added)

Pogo

May 8, 2009
Help! I have no idea where to start! Because of health problems, we are looking to enclose our outside, in-ground, vinyl lined pool for year round usage. We are looking for the best yet economical way of doing this.
Thank you for any suggestions you can give.

Re: enclosing outside pool for year round usage

Can you post some pix of your pool?...and the surrounds? How close is your pool to your house?

We had a member last year that purchased a home w/an indoor pool and it was enclosed in an 'atrium'. I thought you might be interested in the pix in their thread.

Maybe you can get some ideas: indoor-or-not-now-new-and-improved-with-pictures-t4410.html

Re: enclosing outside pool for year round usage

Butterfly said:
Can you post some pix of your pool?...and the surrounds? How close is your pool to your house?
Maybe you can get some ideas: indoor-or-not-now-new-and-improved-with-pictures-t4410.html
Sorry for the delay in reply... I got side tracked away with other matters more directly pressing. We're taking quotes for remodeling some things including the bad roof seen in this pic.

Excuse the wreck and ruin. I always let it go to heck over the winter. :oops:

"How close is your pool to your house?"
About 25' from that extension on the left and 50' from the back of the main house. The ground immediately around the pool is elevated from the ground height of the house and surrounding yard by about a foot, foot & a half. It looks rather like they dug it part way in and brought the ground up to it. The pump is at ground level. I don't know if this is a standard feature to avoid rain wash or what all from running in or not. I don't believe most pools I've seen are like that... on retrospect, no, they're not.
[attachment=0:1onkxrlu]P5100004.JPG[/attachment:1onkxrlu]

We're getting a little money in so are doing much needed renovations. The pool is included in the projects. The cartridge filter is going to be replaced by a sand filter or perhaps maybe an swg. Trying to decide if it's worth the extra quoted $1800 over the sand filter...

Anyway, here we go. We have a $3+++. quote for one of those inflatable covers but not too keen on that.
Another thought is to put one of those sheet metal type car ports over the thing but enclose seasonally with clear vinyl. I pointed out to my wife though that that would necessitate year round heating and w/out sunlight probably require more than a solar heater.

I've run out. I'll take all the advice/opinions I can get.
Thanks.

Attachments

• P5100004.JPG
    P5100004.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 170
I'd say the inflatable would work with your setting, as it looks like you have plenty of room around the pool. I'd certainly try to find one to look at before committing though.

One advantage to a real building is that you can put solar panels on top to help with the heating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.