Recalibrating IntelliChlor IC40

May 10, 2009
Hello everyone, i was told that i can come to this site to find out how to recalibrate my Intellichlor Electronic Chlorine Generator. Someone please help me before i do something that creates a problem for my pool. It will be highly appreciated.

Thank You,
Christopher

Hi Christopher...I'm not a mod, but welcome to TFP...I know others will be along to help and welcome you!

Go to the "Salt Water Generators (SWG)" category. There are several threads, but this will get you started: continuous-red-cell-light-t11473.html

There is a link Spishex gave out that gives directions on recalibrating. I just recalibrated mine. Be sure you know approximately what your salt level is, as close as possible. Don't rely on "pool store" numbers, or what the Intellichlor reads. Get the Aquachek Salt strips (while you're at it, get 2 bottles and compare the numbers with a test from each bottle) and check your salt level. Good salt levels for IC-40's are around 3300 to 3500, give or take. That's what I aim for with mine. When you know your salt levels are in range, you can calibrate to "Good" or solid green light (not flashing). Link for re-calibrating: http://members.cox.net/vkandbhome/intel ... %20cal.pdf

Good luck, and feel free to ask as many questions here as you need to. I'm sure others will chime in. It's a great and knowledgeable group! :goodjob: