Hi and Been awhile have problem hoping you guys tell me it's no big deal.

Mar 1, 2016
Orient, SD
as per my older post my pool at the time was not set up. well now it's up, Went to set up filter and ran pump and filter (was a proud moment for me) 20 min later I could of died. Filter has 6 very tiny stress fractures that I did not see when I was installing it. So needless to say hubby came home I was crying (yes I was so :() not a lot of money is sitting around and can buy new filter. So I pumped out water to small pool thank goodness I still had it up. Don't want to lose any more money at this point. I went to bed.

While I was sleeping my beloved hubby does something I never thought he would do. he bought us a new filter and a used pump from a local guy he just droped it off this morning while I was at work.

So no getting our money back on this. I have no idea what he paid he won't tell me Sorry getting off track

it's a Jandy dual speed pump (used) I'm told it works just fine.

And a New Hayward c3030.

My question is both of these have 2" connections can I dial them down to 1 1/5" ??????????????

Please someone give me some good news I don't have the heart to tell my hubby it's not going to work.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! you can use PVC reducer fitting to attach to your 1.5" PVC plumbing.

Sounds like the pump is a nice upgrade with the 2 speeds able to save money on power.
Remember the new filter is now a cartridge and not a DE filter so the maintenance is a bit different.

lowes will have most everything you will need to connect your new pump and filter including pipe.. look at some of my install pictures below in my signature to get an idea of how to use hard pipe :)

I bought a pair of these at Leslie's for $9 to hook up my aftermarket pump to my Intex pool. It was cheaper and easier than making my own from PVC from Lowe's.

Amazon.com : GAME 4560 40mm to 1 1/2 Inch Conversion Kit (For Intex Garden

temporary_zpsh0wupygq.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.