Rubber based Paints

vince

Sep 12, 2007
I recently learned that the use of rubber based paints in Pennsylvania and some other states has been outlawed by the EPA. I currently have a rubber based paint on my pool that was made by Ramuc. My pool is now up for repainting and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me their opinion on what kind of paint I should use in order to NOT have to strip the old paint off. Thanks for your time and input.

Ramuc normally has the lowest VOC content of the choices, and, in pools, you must almost always re-coat with the same type paint. By that, I mean you can't cover chlorinated rubber base with epoxy.

I'll do some research, but that law is news to me...I do know it applies to potable water supplies, but I'm unaware that it applies to use in pools or concrete decks.

Thank you Budster for your time. I have recently read in an article that rubber based paints cannot be used in Pennsylvania, California, and other states.

http://www.ramucpoolpaint.com/products.asp?productID=3
Limitations:
Must be applied to a dry surface
Not for use on spas or fiberglass/gelcoat pools
CA, DE, DC, NH, ME, MD, NJ, NY, PA ,N. VA regulation limitations.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could list me some alternative paints that wouldn't require me having to strip the current coat off. Thank you all for your time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.