Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rubber based Paints

1. Back To Top    #1

Rubber based Paints

I recently learned that the use of rubber based paints in Pennsylvania and some other states has been outlawed by the EPA. I currently have a rubber based paint on my pool that was made by Ramuc. My pool is now up for repainting and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me their opinion on what kind of paint I should use in order to NOT have to strip the old paint off. Thanks for your time and input.
    Angel suareZ

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Rubber based Paints

Ramuc normally has the lowest VOC content of the choices, and, in pools, you must almost always re-coat with the same type paint. By that, I mean you can't cover chlorinated rubber base with epoxy.

I'll do some research, but that law is news to me...I do know it applies to potable water supplies, but I'm unaware that it applies to use in pools or concrete decks.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rubber based Paints

Thank you Budster for your time. I have recently read in an article that rubber based paints cannot be used in Pennsylvania, California, and other states.

http://www.ramucpoolpaint.com/products.asp?productID=3
    Limitations:
    Must be applied to a dry surface
    Not for use on spas or fiberglass/gelcoat pools
    CA, DE, DC, NH, ME, MD, NJ, NY, PA ,N. VA regulation limitations.
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could list me some alternative paints that wouldn't require me having to strip the current coat off. Thank you all for your time.
    Angel suareZ