CYA Testing with TFP Test Kit

rogerbrks

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I need clarification on using CYA testing tube. When I fill it with the solution I can no longer see the black dot when the cylinder if filled to the 30 mark but the pool store stated that my CYA level is 100. The instructions state that this test is the most subjective but I'm not sure if I am reading is correctly. How can I know if I'm reading it right/correctly?

First, it is quite common for pool stores to give incorrect test results. With a top quality test kit and only a day or two of practice, nearly everyone is a better tester than the great majority of pool stores. You should trust your results over the pool store results.

If the black dot is still slightly visible when the vial is not quite full, and only disappears when then vial is full, then the CYA reading is quite low, either 20 or 30 depending on which test vial you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.