AGP Side Table

aboykin2269

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pittsboro NC
I can't take credit for this. I saw this on the forum sometime over the winter and decided to try it. I forgot who posted it first, but whoever you are, thanks for the inspiration. Table worked out great and we actually got in the pool yesterday for the first time. Water was a bit chilly, 73 degF. But the air was warm (86) and it was so nice to finally be in the pool again!

side tableA.jpg

side tableA2.jpg

I can not remember her name but I remember this being done. Well done.

Here are the original instructions. I altered them a bit where noted:

{*I used 3/4" instead of 1/2" so it would be sturdier.}
(1) 1/2" x 10' PVC Pipe
(2) 1/2" 90 Degree Elbows
(2) 1/2" 45 Degree Elbows
(4) 1/2" 3-Way Elbows
(2) 1/2" x 2 x 2 Tees {I used 2 3x2 sanitary tees with 2 2x3/4 soc bushings}

I cut the 2" side of the tees to make a half circle that sits on the tubular frame of my pool. I have seen the pieces already cut before but Lowes only had tiny ones and Home Depot didn't have any. I'm not sure if they come in 2" but cutting a regular tee wasn't too bad. If you had "real" tools it would be even easier!

The top of the frame is a rectangle using (2) 10" pieces and (2) 14" pieces. About 12" x 16" when you add the 3 way elbows.
{I used 2-15" and 2-24" pieces to make a bigger square-about 17x25 total}

On the bottom piece of the front (2) 3-way elbows I used a 1 1/2" piece on each to connect to the 45 degree elbows. The diagonal pieces are 15" {mine were closer to 24" because when you put weight on it, it tends to bend down. Not sure o fthe exact length, I kinda eyeballed it} followed by a 90 degree elbow and connected at the bottom with another 14" {24" piece} piece to make the part that rests on the pool wall.

On the bottom piece of the rear (3) 3-way elbows I used a 1 1/2" piece on each to connect to the top of the 2 x 2 x 1/2 tees that I cut which then just rest over/around the top of the pool frame.

{For the top piece with the saying on it, We used a decorating piece we found at Target. We were having trouble finding a serving tray that was big enough. Hope this helps anyone that wants to do this!}

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.