Intellichlor IC40 AC question

Hello,

I have a Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed pump with the programmable timer. I just upgraded to a Intellichlor SWG and power generator. The tech hooked the AC for the power generator to the pool breaker. When the pump is running everything is operating as expected according to the manual. However the manual says to never have the SWG "on" when the pump is not running. My schedule is having the pump run for 12 hours a day. Now when the pump is off the salt indicators alternately flash. The Flow light is red which I assume means that the system is "off" and not generating chlorine. Is this OK? Or should there be some other connection to the pump that would cut off AC to the SWG when the pump is not running?

Barney,

Your SWG should only be on when the pump is on. In your case, it will need to have some type of timer that is set to run the same as your pump. The red low flow light is fail safe system to prevent the SWG being on when there is low or no flow. It is not supposed to be used as the primary cut off. The world will not end, the way it is currently set up, but I suggest you look into getting a timer.

Jim R.

Welcome to TFP!

We had a post over the weekend about somebody's SWG (IC40) exploding and destroying their plumbing. Luckily nobody was nearby. The reason is because the SWG was on when the pump was off and there was gas build up. Here is the thread, New Member Swade

I also have an Intelliflo wired to the breaker and running about 14 hours a day. My SWG is wired to a timer and I run it about 9-10 hours a day. I check fairly often to make sure the clocks are in sync and leave an hour or so on each side with pump on and SWG off for extra safety.

Wow, I was coming here to research this very question. I run mine through an Easytouch system, and thought there would be some kind of way to shut them both off/on at the same time via a schedule. I'd prefer not blow up my equipment pad just yet, lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.