Brick, New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
New pool...mostly fixed but noticed there is a tiny, very tiny leak of water just after the pump (there's more water in the pic due to my hose). After a few hours there is a small puddling of water and if I push just above the leak area, I can see a tiny tiny bubble but nothing significant. I can't actually see water flowing from there it's so slow of a leak. Looking at it, it seams they tried to caulk around it to seal it? Assume that's a useless attempt to fix it, or is it? Does this leak even cause any big issues? Can I use silicone caulk around it? Don't want to spend $200-300 for the pool company to fix this small section of pipe if I don't have to (new pump motor, new blower, salt system... Need a money break for a few weeks lol)

4c12f90f128fd0d50502413a7a8e3158.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

No, caulk won't help. That pipe is threaded into the pump and needs tape or dope to seal it. But, a leak that small on the pressure side is not an issue. I would not bother with it.

If you are lucky over time a pin hole leak like that will seal itself. If it turns into a steady stream or spray it will need some attention. The only way to fix it properly would be to cut the pipe ( assuming there isn't a union near by that isn't in the picture) and unthread the nipple. Clean off the threads best as you can apply new sealant and put it back together. Not all pipe dope is compatible with PVC so read your labels before using it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.