Confirmation of possibly dying cell?

I have an AquaRite system, and I think the cell is about 3, maybe 4 years old (can't exactly recall when I replaced it).
As I've seen others posting similar issues, I believe I know what the answer might be but I'd like a little confirmation.
A little quick history about my current situation:
Near the close of last season I had a problem with my main pump which rendered it inoperable. Being a hopelessly lazy person I just shut everything down and ignored it all because hey, end of season. Can't use the pool anyway. Well, predictably, everything turned green and disgusting. Two bushels of leaves on the bottom, frogs making a merry home of my pool, etc.
After about a month of messing with it I finally got it usable again. Pump repaired, new sand in the filter, algae all gone, and chemistry (except for chlorine) is good. My SWG control box was giving me a "check salt" and "inspect cell" warning, however. I looked at my cell and it was full of debris from my careless neglect of the pool. I got all that garbage out (I hope) and gave 'er a quick bath in a 5:1 water:muriatic acid mix.
It's still giving me both of those codes, though, even after I reset it. Now, I realize the salt reading may be off...I have a Taylor salt test kit on the way and should be here in a couple of days, but if the cell is good and clean and I confirm that my salt is correct, and I STILL get those codes...my cell is likely kaput, right?
I would take it to get tested, but to be honest I don't really trust the pool stores around me to be able to make that determination accurately. I'd rather just get a "yeah, probably bad" here and replace it if the codes don't disappear

It is a pass or fail test at the pool store so I would trust that test.

Can you post the diagnostics?

Since the test kit is on the way I would wait for it and troubleshoot it from good test results.

Start using liquid chlorine, (bleach), for now so the pool stays algae free.

Actually, just went out there to get the diagnostics to post, and now those flashing codes have disappeared and it's reading 3000ppm salt. It's blowing some white clouds, and it's never done that before, but from what I've read that seems to be kind of normal. Should be noted that I don't have a variable speed pump. My guess is that is has something to do with the acid bath I gave it earlier today...probably just expelling loosened calcium deposits?
I'll wait for my test kit to verify the salt content, but for now I guess it just needed a cleaning and some more salt (I added some earlier today, so gonna shut the cell off until tomorrow)
I'll post again if it starts acting all wonky again, but thank you for the quick response!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.