New pool startup question about chemicals

divaofsongs

Bronze Supporter
Mar 25, 2016
Buckeye, AZ (Phoenix Area)
Hello. I need some help please..........I just had a pool built and they came to startup the pool yesterday and said we were good on chemicals for a week, however, when I just tested the water myself and my results say the water balance is not even close to correct. These were my results:

Total Hardness: 500
Total Chlorine: 0
Free Chlorine: 0.5
Ph: 7.2
Total Alkalinity: 0
CYA: 0

I am clueless on this and have a pool service starting on Tuesday. What should I do, if anything, in the meantime? Will it be okay while I wait for them to come or should I high-tail it out there with a bottle of Clorox and get the chlorine level up for now?

I am handicap in a wheelchair, so this is something I will not normally take care of but I am worried about the low chlorine level right now. I think the startup company just put in the little floater only for the chlorine and I would think that is not nearly enough for a brand new pool.

Thanks for any advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.