Jandy LX400k BTU - Air Flow Sw error

smuggs

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
Gloucester County, NJ
So, pool was opened on Tuesday last week. Due to my schedule, I didn't get a chance to kick on the heater to make sure everything was working properly. Well, I tried today as I was hoping for a little spa time. Unfortunately, after several attempts where I was first getting a simple AGS error (had this last year which turned out to be simply that it took a while for the gas to get down the line (about 250 feet from the meter). Now I have an Air Flow Sw error showing up....so nothing goes on. I guess the good news is that all the equipment is covered for 3 years under the PB, so I've called them. However, I'm wondering if this wasn't going to be under warranty, how pricey this could be to repair.

It is fairly common for heaters to have something minor wrong in the spring. Often all they really need is to be cleaned out internally. Leaves, spider webs, and other small debris can buildup inside and block air flow or cover sensors so they don't get the right reading. Cleaning this kind of stuff out requires opening up the heater, but isn't really all that difficult. Occasionally something more serious goes wrong, and then the parts costs can start to add up. But that is much less common.

Well, they came yesterday and according to the paperwork left in the mailbox, they replaced the blower and tested it for 10 minutes. What I find interesting is that it took me about an hour to get the heater to actually work. The blower clearly worked, but it took forever for the heater to actually light and stay lit. On at least 2 occasions I received an AGS error....but all seems to be working now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.