May 1, 2015
Kaplan louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I work away from home and my wife took
The kids to a pool party yesterday. Well she texted me about the water being so "cloudy" . I thought everyone would get a kick out of this
2ea05114c99fe9113e6852a893dba36f.jpg
2ea05114c99fe9113e6852a893dba36f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea my friends are the same way. I talk about slamming the pool and passing an OCLT & they look at me crazy because I'm putting bleach in the pool when they're going spend hundreds of dollars at the pool store to throw chemicals in that they have no clue what they are adding to the water that they're swimming in. Not to mention they're not ridding themselves of the problem but only pushing it back to a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When the guy who built my pool says "before I became a pool expert" I C R I N G E.. I did not hire this guyI bought my house at 85% complete. He built 4 houses in this neighborhood, he watched a pool subcontractor build the first pool and thought that looks easy, then built the next 3 himself, all have problems including mine. He sees no point in knowing what the CYA is, he said he maintains a pool close to us for 8 months and has never needed to add salt, always vacuums to waste, and thinks vacuuming once every 2 weeks is sufficient, I need to vacuum every 2 days, but starts many sentences with "before I became a pool expert". His idea of fixing a leak at a light is to just fill the lighting conduit with silicone and eliminate the light, the light is still in the pool but will never function again. The weir door on my skimmer broke where the little piece of plastic holds it in place, I see no name on the skimmer so I asked him if he knew which kind it is........his reply, you don't really need that door anyway, well I think you DO, by the process of elimination, I figured it is a Hayward and easily ordered a new weir door here in Thailand. I do not let this "pool expert" near my pool.
i now know......I know significantly more than him from this site and doing my own reading on the internet but would not sell myself as a pool novice, let alone an "expert".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.