Skimmer clogged from stabilizer

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Wish we could say this is the first time this has happened, but it is not. How the manufacturers can suggest that is beyond me.

With no flow, I am not sure it will dissolve on its own. I think you might need to physically dislodge it.

I read an older thread and someone recommend putting the hose into the skimmer and leave it for several hours. I did this in each skimmer and shut the skimmer valve off while the hose ran. This helped build up the pressure and helped dissolve the stabilizer.then I turned each valve on separately and had all the force pulling from that one valve and it worked!!! Flushed the clog right through! Lesson learned don't ever poor directly into the skimmer. Always use a sock in front of the jets to dissolve. In the end it is faster and causes less problems! Thanks for all your advice. I can always count on this website to help me through my pool problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.